Drugstore Skincare Reviews: L'Oreal Hydrafresh Toner

I was convinced that toner didn't really do anything for my skin. I figured it was just an extra step that I didn't need, since I had the negative belief my skin would always be a hot mess. As a teen my skin was very oily and acne-prone. One positive to getting older is that my skin has calmed down a bit. While it still gets oily, it can now get dry as easily as the shine used to break through just a few hours after applying my makeup.  I briefly used Shiseido's Balancing Toner from their amazing Pureness line, but I couldn't see much of a change in my skin. I continued to read about the importance of toners (removing trace amounts of makeup and dead skin cells, helping with the appearance of pores, balancing the skin, etc.) so I decided to give it another try and add toner into my skincare routine. 

I've wanted to cut down on spending, so I wanted to find a drugstore skincare product I could use. I usually advocate avoiding drugstores for skincare, only because I have mostly had negative experiences with those products. However, since I never found ANY toner that worked, I decided to give L'Oreal's HydraFresh Toner a try.

Here are the product claims from the L'Oreal website:

"HydraFresh Toner’s gentle, nondrying formula refreshes and softens skin in a splash, revealing a smoother, brighter complexion and leaving skin smooth and supple.
  • Beta Hydroxy Acid gently sweeps away dull, tired skin while Pro-Vitamin B5 helps protect against moisture loss.
  • 99% alcohol free.
  • Dermatologist tested for gentleness."

The keywords that made me pick up that bottle? "99% Alcohol Free", "Beta Hydroxy Acid", and "Pro-Vitamin B5". Those are all great ingredients for the skin.

I have to say I will be repurchasing this product. I honestly feel it keeps my skin balanced and I do see less redness. Pores are a major problem for me, and I have seen a slight improvement in the appearance of pores and the texture of my skin. Good price, good product, win win!

L'Oreal HydraFresh Toner retails for around $7 USD, but you can find it cheaper.

Do you believe a toner is worth using? Have you seen a difference in your skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird