A Makeup Quote by Kat Von D


If you're a fan of Kat Von D you need to get this issue of Latina Magazine!

“Putting on makeup to me is a lot like meditation. It’s an uninterrupted time where it’s just me, and I don’t have to think about anything. People make fun of me when I do one blue eye or one smoky brown eye. But I think if you take [makeup] too seriously, you kind of miss the point. It’s all about being creative and having fun. It's makeup, not childbirth!" -Kat Von D

I'm not sure where the quote above came from, but I made note of it so that I could blog about it. 

People react in interesting ways once they find out I'm obsessed with makeup and beauty. While it's easy for people to understand a baseball card collection or a Precious Moments collection, most people would see a makeup collection as wasteful and unnecessary. That is because most people consider makeup a necessity, a burden, not something to be curated or enjoyed. Obviously, I disagree, and so does Kat Von D.

Makeup is and should be fun. It's always nice to have a few moments to yourself before heading out for the day (or night). When makeup lovers apply lipstick or shadow, they enjoy every sensation and visual. They pay attention to how the lipstick glides on. Some lipstick glides on like butter, others give the lip a bit of a fight (yet stay on the whole night.) Some shadows sparkle like tinsel while others give the skin the slightest glow. Basically, we have fun with it.

While I wouldn't wear two different shadow colors as Miss Von D does, I do enjoy putting on makeup, researching new products and even seeking out unique items from across the globe. Makeup shouldn't be viewed as a symbol of oppression or control. You have the ability to create the best version of yourself, or even a different version of yourself for the day. Have fun with it. "It's makeup, not childbirth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird